|LSI Logic Storage Systems
The MetaStor® E4600 delivers 2-Gbit host connectivity and
unprecedented performance that's designed exclusively for the open enterprise.
The multi-pathing architecture of the E4600 controller delivers
stellar performance for both throughput (MB/s) and transaction processing
(IO/s). So whether it's throughput-intensive applications like video streaming
and seismic processing or transaction-hungry applications like databases and
OLTP, the E4600 thrives on the rigors of high-performance computing.
- 2-Gigabit full Fibre Channel storage system for direct attachment to
heterogeneous hosts or Storage Area Networks.
- 2-Gbit connectivity delivers exceptional throughput in dual-path
configurations Industry-leading I/O per second performance ideally suited for
transaction-based applications and storage consolidation implementations.
- I/O performance:- Maximum sustained I/O rate from cache 110,000 IOPS.
Maximum sustained I/O rate from media: 40,000 IOPS. Sustained throughput from
media: 390 MB/s
- Modular scalability from 90GB to over 40TB meets the most demanding
- Dynamic storage management, redundant components and online scalability
ensure uncompromising data availability
- Multi-pathing controller architecture optimized for Open Systems
environments delivers industry-leading performance that excels at both
transaction processing and data throughput applications
- Eight Fibre Channel host connections provide four redundant path host or
- Integrated storage consolidation functionality for multi-platform
environments. MetaStor systems support AIX, CIFS, HP-UX, http, IRIX, Linux, Mac®OS,
NetWare, NFS, Solaris, Windows NT, and Windows 200X.